Microsoft Remote Desktop is a great tool for connecting to any windows machine on remote. Sometimes, when you are in need of working on many different machines, you get irritated by annoying pop-up like asking username and password before connecting to the server and annoying remote identity pop-up. This needs our manual intervention and sometime delays our task. Hence, found a suitable option to disable these pop-ups. It’s very simple, please follow the below steps:
1. Close all remote desktop connections and exit the remote desktop client.
2. Click Start, click Run, type notepad, and then click OK.
3. On the File menu, click Open.
4. In the Files of type list, click All Files.
5. In the File name box enter Default.rdp (The full path to this file would be similar to the following: C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\Default.rdp)
6. At the bottom of the Default.rdp file, add the following text:
7. Save the file and exit notepad.
8. You should no longer be prompted to enter credentials before connecting to remote desktops and confirm that you do indeed intend to connect.