It is the effective command used by the domain administrators and tech supports. This tool is taken out of the default installation of Windows 2008. The major reason is because of security.
However, you can enable/recover in Windows 2008 and its takes only a minutes time without the reboot.
Please follow the steps to enable DSA.MSC.
1. Open “Server Manager”.
2. Select “Features” and then “Add Features Wizard”.
3. Place a check mark over ” Remote Server Adminstration Tools”.
4. Choose ” Role Administrator Tools”.
5. Select “Active Directory Domain Services Tools”.
6. Choose “Active Directory Domain Controller Tools”.
This should now enable dsa.msc on the server.