Sometimes, snapshot takes huge time to get completed. We may then require to cancel the task to save time. However, we do not have any option to cancel the task in vsphere.
Please follow below steps to cancel the task.
1. Find the ESX hostname on which the virtual machine resides.
2. Establish a SSH session to the ESX host.
3. Execute the command to see all the process.
ps | grep vmx
4. Locate the Parent Process ID (the second column) for the hung VM.
5. Execute the command to kill the task
kill *parent process ID* to end the process (excluding *).
Be very careful, killing different process can harm the ESX.